Bell Middle School is a community of learners. We provide a safe, rigorous and engaging academic environment. We have innovative pathways which empower students to take ownership for academic success. While following the national standards, Bell MS progressively incorporates technology to meet the needs of 21st century learners.
Looking for some learning to do over the summer?
Here are some suggestions from the Bell MS teachers:
Google Search Study Jams
Science Units to search:
6th grade: rock cycle, plate movement, water cycle, states of matter, atoms, food web/food chains.
7th grade: cells, human body, photosynthesis and cellular respiration, physical and chemical properties of matter, adaptations, geologic time, plate movement
8th grade: genetics, space, energy transfers and transformations, periodic table, force and motion, weather, climate, atomic structure
Design Squad Nation - go online and find different projects to build and watch animations.
Read a variety of fiction/non-fiction books (Join the Jeffco library summer teen reading club!)
Write (letters, travel journals, book reviews to post on Amazon, etc.)
If you have a Moby Max account, you can practice your math and there is a language arts section.
Fall registration will take place the second week of August, 2014. Registration will be done on-line via the Bell homepage. There will also be open lab times at Bell MS for those unable to register on-line.
Please check the Bell webpage at the end of July for exact on-line registration dates.
Quick Links ~
- Candidates for the honors program were selected based on a body of evidence (TCAP, grade reports, and results from honors testing)
- Students who have not yet completed the registration process and who have not yet applied for the honors program are welcome to register for the honors testing for 2014-2015 school year.
- Only students who have not been considered for honors placement are welcome to take this test
- Bell is offering the Explore and Cogat test on August 7th, 2014 from 8:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Parents must call Bell's main office to sign up for testing. If your student is an incoming 7th grader, please sign up for the EXPLORE test. If your student is an incoming 8th grader, please sign up for the CoGat test.
- If you are applying to the honors program please bring a copy of your student's last grade report and TCAP scores (reading, writing, and science)
Advanced Math Placement for out-of-district incoming 7th and 8th grade students:
- Generally 7th grade students take Math 7 and 8th grade students take Math 8. If you would like your student to be considered for advanced math placement, Bell is offering testing on August 6th from 9:00-10:00 am.
- 7th grade students will be testing for the Math 7/8 (PreAlgebra) class
- 8th grade students will be testing for the Algebra class.
- Calculators will not be allowed.
- Parents must call Bell's main office to sign up for testing.