Frequently Asked Questions

How do I pay my fees online?

JeffcoConnect has a section available to pay your fees online.  There is no fee to use this convenient service.  You may access it via the "Pay My Fees" link on the left, or via the Registration Checklist .

I'm having problems signing in to JeffcoConnect.

  • First, and most important, please make sure you use the Chrome browser.  JeffcoConnect does not work well with Internet Explorer.
  • If you've forgotten your password, please click the link to the right of the password box that says "Forgot Password?" to have it reset.  
  • If you are having problems with your user name, please contact either;
             Rose Schmidt , 303-982-8727
             LeAnn McLean at, 303-982-8728

I have several fees showing up that have OPT in front of the fee.  What does OPT mean?  I don’t want or need these items.

OPT stands for ‘Optional’.  These fees are made available for you to pay online, if you want to.  They are not required.  The optional fees that are specifically for Bear Creek HS are:

  • After Prom Donation - A donation to help fund the After Prom Party

What is the 'OPT-Athletic Pass' that is showing up for my student?

An Optional Fee, the Athletic Pass gives students admission to all athletic events at Jeffco facilities (excluding state playoffs) throughout the year. The cost of the pass is $60 and can result in a significant savings over the course of the school year. The normal cost for students is $4.00/game.

If you purchased an Athletic Pass online, you must bring a copy of the receipt with you in order to have the Athletic Pass printed on the student’s ID. If you pay for the activity ticket after pictures are taken, please go the financial office to get the activity sticker. Bear Creek HS will not be responsible for refunds for admission to games if you do not have your Athletic Sticker on your student id.

What is the Technology Fee?  My student isn't in a Technology class.

The Technology Fee is a district wide fee that is charged to all students.  At Bear Creek HS the fee is used to repair printers and computers, pay for printer paper, toner and ink. For more information regarding school fees please select the "District Fees Explained" link on right-hand column of this page.

There are fees in JeffcoConnect for classes my student is going to transfer out of.  How do I get that corrected?

This time of year, the student schedules can change daily.  Please don't pay fees for classes if you think your student will be transferring out.  Currently, fees are generated two to three times a week to keep up with the schedule changes.  By week two of the semester, the fees should stabilize.

Can I pay the Athletic Fee online?            

At this time, it is not possible to pay the Athletic Fee online. You may however, call the Financial office and pay the fee with a credit card over the phone.

My student’s record shows that a fine is owed and I don’t know anything about it!

Your student was notified about the fine prior to the end of the school year.  If he/she thinks it was cleared up, the Financial Secretary needs a note or email from the staff member that issued the fine in order to remove it.  Please have your student work with that staff member to get the fine cleared up.

Can I set up a payment plan?           

While we don't have official payment plans, it is ok to pay a few fees at a time.  A suggestion would be to pay the course related fees first, then pay other fees as you have funds.  This way, the fees become much more manageable.  If there is a single fee that is too large to pay all at once, please email the Financial Secretary indicating how you would like to break up the fee.

How does my student get their Parking Permit?

Parking Permits may be paid through JeffcoConnect or through the Financial Office. The Parking Contract/Application can be accessed by clicking HERE.  Please keep a copy for your records.

 My student only needs to ride the bus occasionally.  Do I really need to pay the full $150 (or $75/semester)?

Transportation has made a Part-Time pass available.  Please review the various options on the Transportation Website and contact Sandy Gallegos at if you would like to obtain a Part-Time pass.