Following Events in Japan
Directions: You and a partner find an interesting article about events in Japan.* Follow these steps.
1. Identify a direct quotation that you think is significant.
2. Write it exactly as it is written on the board.
3. Find an interesting statement.
4. Use paraphrasing and reporting language to report it to your classmates.
5. Write it on the other side of the board.
*Here’s a link to a New York Times article if you like: http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/16/world/asia/16workers.html?pagewanted=2&_r=1&nl=todaysheadlines&emc=tha2