Open to view
Link to Jeanne's ESL Blog.
I. Creating and Maintaining an ESL Blog*
Purpose: To practice reading and writing fluency on a weekly basis and to satisfy your TBA hours.
Setting up your ESL Blog:
(Here is a summary of the basic steps. I have also created a video.)
1. Create a gmail account. (You do not have to use gmail for your email purposes, but google hosts a simple, effective blogging tool.)
2. Open your new gmail account, go to “more” and scroll down to “Blogger.” (Do not open “Blogs”.)
3. Open “sign up for a blog.”
4. Fill in the password you created.
5. Name your blog.
6. Set a blog address.
7. Choose a blog template.
8. Start posting.
9. Write your first blog.
Interesting ESL Blogs:
· Grammar Girl: http://grammar.quickanddirtytips.com/default.aspx
· Kenneth Beare’s ESL Blog: http://esl.about.com/b/
· Blogger tips: http://www.copyblogger.com/effective-blog-habits/
· More blogger tips: http://www.copyblogger.com/ernest-hemingway-top-5-tips-for-writing-well/
II. Click to open your First Blog Assignment.
*What is a blog? A log is a journal or notebook. The word blog is a combination of “web” + log = blog! Therefore, a blog is an internet space for your thoughts and your work!