The Jenkins County School System welcomes parent and stakeholder involvement within our schools. It is mandatory that our system provide for the safety and well being of our students and staff. The following processes will be implemented for the purpose of training and placing volunteers within organized assigned areas.
Each prospective volunteer must submit all of the following documents:
1) Volunteer Application:
JCSS - Volunteer Application (Click on the link in the column on the left side of this page.)
2) Criminal Records Check:
Follow this process for completion of the Criminal Records Check:
a) Bring $52.50 in exact change to Cassandra or Gena at the JCSS Central Office and receive the Fingerprint Form.
b) Make an appointment with the Jenkins County Sheriff’s Department to complete your state and FBI criminal records check.
c) Bring your Fingerprint Form back to Cassandra or Gena at the JCSS Central Office.
3) Copy of Georgia Drivers License:
Provide a copy of your unexpired Georgia Driver's License. If you do not have an unexpired Georgia Driver's License, provide a copy of an official picture ID.
4) Volunteer Handbook Assurance Form:
Each prospective volunteer must read the JCSS – Volunteer Handbook, print, sign, and transfer and submit the Volunteer Handbook Assurance Form.
5) Volunteer Child Abuse and Neglect Mandated Reporter Training:
Each volunteer must complete the Child Abuse and Neglect Mandated Reporter Training. This is a free course.
Mandated Reporters: Critical Links in Protecting Children in Georgia
To access the online course, please click on the above link and follow the directions below:
1. Click on this link
2. In the green box, CLICK Order Now.
3. Once you are directed to the next web page, CLICK Purchase Now.
4. If you do not already have a ProSolutions Training account, you will need to CREATE A TRAINING ACCOUNT as indicated on the web page. If you already have a ProSolutions training account, please log in using your account information.
5. On the next page, CLICK Complete Order.
6. On the next page, CLICK My Training Account.
7. Complete the course entitled: "Child Abuse and Neglect: Mandated Reporting Requirements for Employees, Volunteers, and Contractors of Georgia Public Schools"
8. Print your Certificate.