The First Draw (online): Tuesday 4 July 2017 at 3pm GMT (15:00).
Everybody can watch but only the captains of the teams are allowed to post messages.
During the first draw, each team may reject up to 6 different problems without penalty (the rejections of the first draw will be forgotten during the second draw). So, choose your tactic: either you want to present your best problems in the Rounds to get to the Finals, or you are sure to succeed in the Rounds anyway and you keep your best problem for the Finals.
To join the chat, proceed as follows.
FOR THE CAPTAINS:
- Write your team's name (Country No) in "Your name/alias" and use the password sent you by email.
- Click on "Enter Room".
- Click on "Join Chat" at the bottom of the page.
- Write your name and use the password sent you by email.
- Then "Enter Room".
FROM THE REGULATIONS
The teams are divided into Groups according to their preliminary written materials.
A separate draw will decide the order within each Group.
During the first draw, the following action is performed:
Step. An organiser places P cards with numbers from 1 to P in a row, where P is the number of problems. A captain picks an integer n from 1 to P. The organiser suggests the problem numbered by the integer written on the n-th card.
- If the problem has been previously presented by the team, then the captain has to choose another card.
- If the captain accepts the problem then the card is taken away.
- If the captain refuses a problem which he/she has already refused in the same draw, then the captain has to choose another card.
- If the captain refuses a new problem, then the card is turned back over and all cards are shuffled. Step is repeated for the next captain within the Group.