Call For Proposals
Ohio Google Summit 2020
May 10-12, 2020 | Sandusky, OH | #ITIP2020
1. Know Your Audience
Over 800 educators from around Ohio attend the Ohio Google Summit. Attendees include:
- Teachers, faculty, K-12
- Tech coordinators, specialists, facilitators, directors
- Principals, assistant principals
- Librarians, media specialists
- Consultants, trainers
- Curriculum coordinators, specialists
- Superintendents, assistant superintendents
2. Pick Your Format
Choose a session format that best fits your presentation style and content.
- Interactive Lecture - presenter offers a mix of lecture and engagement that has attendees interacting with the presenter and/or fellow audience members - 50 minute session
- Lecture - presenter provides an informative demonstration of their use of the technology along with examples and recommendations to prepare attendees to use what has been shared - 50 minute session
- BYOD - presenter leads a mini-workshop style learning experience that has attendees actively engaged and using their own personal digital applications and devices (if attendees require install/set up of an app, account or tool prior to your session, please include this in session description) - 50 minute session
- Deep Dive - presenter leads an interactive session that allows for a more focused, in-depth exploration of a topic than is possible in regular sessions; layout is a classroom setting as attendees engage in hands-on opportunities to learn, create and plan for implementation of the featured technology tool(s) - 110 minute session
3. Choose A Strand
Select a session strand from one of the following five areas:
- Administrator - session is of interest to school/district administrative teams and should focus on topics such as using Google for productivity or communication; or best practices for integration or leadership.
- Case Studies - session shares how Google applications have impacted student learning - presenters reflect upon successes and challenges of implementing a program or initiative
- Classroom Integration - session features a lesson, practice, or instructional model that integrates Google applications
- Elementary Classroom Integration - session spotlights a K-5 specific lesson, practice or instructional model that integrates Google applications
- Productivity - session offers examples of how Google applications can help to manage workflow, increase efficiency and/or streamline a process or task
- What's new with Google? - session spotlights a new feature or function of Google tools, services or integrations with other apps or services
4. Complete Your Proposal
Proposal form asks for the following information:
- Contact information & co-presenter, if applicable
- Session format (options above)
- Session goals/Learning targets (limit to 75 words)
- Session description (limit to 100 words & be sure your topic relates to Google tools/services)
- Conference strand (options above)
- Date preference
- Complete an application form for EACH proposed session
- Submit your proposal by January 15, 2020
5. Check Your Email
- Submitters will be notified if their session was selected by January 28, 2020.
- Presenters will need to supply their own laptop, Chromebook, etc. and the necessary adapter to connect to an LCD projector.
- ITIP Ohio is pleased to provide each accepted proposal one complimentary conference registration.