The following servers/services are scheduled for maintenance during the weekly Information Technology Services (ITS) maintenance window:
Primary Domain Name Server (Primary DNS)
No impact is expected to wireless devices on ISU's network OR any ITS lab PC connected to ISU's network.
No impact is expected to wired connections as long as the secondary DNS is properly configured.
The following describes how you can verify the DNS settings of your WIRED connection:
To check to see that your Primary and Secondary DNS is properly configured:
Check DNS Servers for a wired connection in a Windows XP WorkStation
To configure TCP/IP, follow these steps:
1. Preferred – 22.214.171.124
2. Alternate – 126.96.36.199
Check DNS Servers for a wired connection in a Windows 7 WorkStation (Vista should be the same)
1. Click the Start button, click Control Panel, click Network and Sharing Center.
2. Once the Network and Sharing window is open, click Change adapter settings on the left side, right-click on Local Area Connection (typically the name of the ISU Network) and selectProperties (if you get a UAC prompt, click Accept.
3. In the following window, under “This connection uses the following items”, click Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and click Properties.
4. On the General tab check Use the following DNS server addresses if it is not already selected.
5. If the DNS server address are not listed enter them as follows
a. Preferred – 188.8.131.52
b. Alternate – 184.108.40.206
If you need help with a server, please give the Service Desk a call. We will need to know the operation system running on the server in order to get you the help you need.
IT Service Desk