Ninite is a wonderful website that automates the installing of programs so that you don't have to do it all yourself. If you already have the program installed it will check to make sure that you have the most up to date version of the software. This really makes updates that are not covered by the operating systems much easier. The best thing about the website is that it is really easy. I have step by step instructions below to help you through your first time using the program.
1) Go to ninite.com
2) Select the check boxes next to the software that you would like installed. (If you're not sure if you have the most up-to-date version of the software, go ahead and select the programs and the installer will do the rest to get you up-to-date.)
3) After all of your software is selected there is a "Get Installer" icon on the bottom of the page. Click the "Get Installer" button to download the program.
4) After you click on the "Get Installer" icon it will take you to this page (below) where it will show you the software that you selected and download the program.
5) When it has finished downloading you want to run the program. Before running the program make sure to close all other programs, or you could run into an error later on in the install. Windows 7 and Vista will prompt you for permissions before running the program, so go ahead and say yes to the request. After giving it the go ahead it should look like the image below as it is installing updates and programs.
6) When the program finished it will look like the image below. Check for any failed updates or installed. When finished click the closed button to kill the program.
7) If you get "Skipped (up to date)" under the Status Column this just means your program is already installed and up to date. There is also a "Skipped (program is running)" this just means you need to close the program before you run the installer.