ISD 709 Career and Technical Education: We GET to Work!
ISD 709’s Career & Technical Education (CTE) program is designed to help focus students into career/post-secondary pathways that fit their personality and academic interests.
- Today's CTE is for all students, integrated with academics in a rigorous and relevant curriculum.
- CTE courses are taught by some of the most highly qualified professionals in the region - over 80% come from industry first and then education. They bring real-world knowledge and connections to help students explore and succeed in the competitive job market.
- Students work hands-on with the material and learn life skills. Our mission is to prepare students for the workforce of tomorrow by providing them with work skills beyond individual content specialties.
- High school students can earn college credit in their area of interest, a great head start.
- Courses may help students qualify for and earn accreditation/certification in their area of interest.
- Career Clubs provide experiences beyond the classroom and help students connect to their schools.
- The goal is to help students GET to work - that means high-paying careers, both regionally and globally. Learn more about classes that lead to the career you want:
Explore the Possibilities: Programs of study are offered in 6 broad Minnesota Career Fields with exposure to over 13 career clusters and pathways. Click the categories below to learn more about programs of study at Denfeld and Duluth East:
|Agriculture and Forestry||Engineering and Design|
|Automotive and Engines||Graphic Arts and Digital Design|
|Aerospace Physics (Aviation)||Health Occupations|
|Business, Marketing and Finance||Hospitality and Tourism (Culinary Arts)|