Senior Research Associate
The James Martin Center for Nonproliferation Studies (CNS) invites applications for a senior research associate dealing with the Newly Independent States (NIS) nonproliferation issues. This position will entail research, analysis, and writing on nonproliferation and related security issues involving both state and non-state actors. This is an full-time, exempt staff position.
Location: Monterey, CA
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct research projects in the area of proliferation and other topics relevant to nonproliferation issues in Russia and other post-Soviet states.
- Monitor, analyze, and provide commentary on key WMD nonproliferation issues in the region.
- Participate, initiate and when required lead ongoing and new Center-wide projects on nonproliferation in the NIS.
- Prepare grant proposals and reports as needed.
- Publish articles and op-eds on nonproliferation issues.
- Present research results at conferences and workshops.
- Performs other related duties as requested.
Applicants should provide a resume/CV, list of 3 references, and a writing sample. Only online applications will be considered.
The priority date for review of applications is March 1, 2010
- M.A degree in political science, international relations and relevant experience in the field (PhD desirable)
- Previous education, research, or work experience in WMD nonproliferation and the Newly Independent States
- Excellent writing skills and demonstrated scholarship on WMD issues are required
- Excellent oral and interpersonal communications skills.
- Capable of multi-tasking and working in challenging, intense, and dynamic environment
- Willingness and ability to adapt to changing technologies and systems
- Willingness and ability to comply with Institute policies, procedures, and mandate
To apply, please visit: http://apptrkr.com/135596