Professor, International Security
Griffith Asia Institute/Centre for Governance and Public Policy
Salary: A$134,076 per annum. Salary package including 17% employer superannuation contribution: A$156,869 per annum.
Nathan campus, Brisbane, Australia
Griffith University is looking to appoint a Professor of International Relations specialising in international security, broadly defined.
The position is located jointly in the Griffith Asia Institute and the Centre for Governance and Public Policy. Griffith University is located in Brisbane, Australia, a diverse city of 1.8 million with a sub-tropical climate.
Successful candidates will be involved in research only for the first four years, after which time they will teach undergraduate and graduate courses in international security. Candidates are expected to publish with the leading journals and press in the field, and help lead a policy-relevant research program broadly oriented around the themes of security, governance and development in the Asia-Pacific.
The position is offered as part of a major expansion by Griffith University in the area of Asian politics, development and security.
The following is the selection criteria:
• A strong track record of publications with leading book presses and journals in the field
• A program of research in international security, broadly defined; an empirical focus including the Asia-Pacific region
• The capacity to provide research leadership for junior colleagues and doctoral students
• The potential to compete successfully for external grants
• The ability to teach courses in international security at the undergraduate and graduate level after the initial four year non-teaching period has elapsed.
The committee is open to all methodological backgrounds, but in all cases candidates must be able to communicate relevant findings to policy-makers as well as academic audiences.
This position is offered as a continuing full time appointment.
Closes: 6 November 2009
Enquiries: Professor Jason Sharman, Centre for Governance and Public Policy on +617 373 56756 or email@example.com
Further information: Position description and application information can be found at our website: http://www.griffith.edu.au/griffith-jobs