E-Learning & Snow Day Activities - will be posted in google classroom
Welcome to my Driver Education Resource Page
We are all members of different communities. As with any community a person can be privileged enough to be a part of, there are responsibilities that must be understood and accepted. It does not matter whether the community is family, classroom, team, school, church, neighborhood, city, county, state, nation, or planet. We have the power and responsibility to make sure that the system feels our presence in a positive way.
In my class students will learn the knowledge and skills necessary to be a safe driver, develop thinking and perspectives to improve and empower themselves as members of many communities, and sharpen academic skills for future use.
Driver education at Neuqua Valley is a two phase program consisting of concurrent classroom and behind-the-wheel phases. A big advantage of this program format is that it allows students to learn in smaller bites of time spread out over a longer time frame. This allows for more seasonal driving opportunity with an instructor, less learning fatigue, and a better internalization of skills which creates the benefit of lasting, safe driving habits.
What goes around, comes around. You reap what you sew. You get out of life what you put into it. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Treat others how you want to be treated. Pay it forward...
We all have the power to change (more than just ourselves).
Academics, work, family life, friendship, sports, driving.... No matter the task or the environment, energy and attitude are the currency we must invest to improve and prove who we are.
Resources for Life
Distracted Driving Prevention Resources
Neuqua in the News
Resources for Planning and Studying
- Introductory Home Driving Lessons
- Guide to BTW Maneuvers in print
- Guide to BTW Maneuvers animations
- "Dutch Reach," what is that? It could save you.
- Right of Way Flash Cards
- Signs Flash Cards
- Bike Safety Quiz - Complete the bronze, silver and gold levels with a 100% score. Report gold level completion to me by generating the "certificate of completion PDF" for yourself and each parent. After saving the certificate, send them all to me in a single email as an attachment. This is a mandatory 10 point assignment for students and 3 points extra credit for each parent that completes it.
- Fun Parking Game - Helps improve understanding of the concepts of spatial awareness; path of travel, front end swing and tail swing. Play this game on your phone or home computer.
- Unit 1 Lesson Calendar Spring 2020
- Unit 2 Lesson Calendar Spring 2020
- Unit 3 Lesson Calendar Spring 2020
- Unit 4 Lesson Calendar Spring 2020
- Study Guide for All Tests
Legal, Procedural & Licensing Resources
- Secretary of State Web Site
- Graduated Driver Licensing Laws
- 50 Hour Driving Log
- Acceptable ID Chart - for getting your license
- What states can I drive in with my permit?
- Am I approved to get my license yet?
- Real ID, what about it?
- Karching! - an electronic driving log creator and practice tool to use at home with your parent/student
Respected Organizations and Movements
- Downed Power Line Safety - Ameren Illinois
- Faces4 - Illinois Speed Awareness
- Mother Against Drunk Driving
- Operation Life Saver
- Think First - National Injury Prevention Foundation
- Give Them Distance - road side safety law for all motorists updated 2017 (sign the pledge)
- LifeGoesOn.com - As of Jan. 1, 2018 Illinois residents can become organ donors starting at age 16.
- Auto Club Group Traffic Safety Foundation
- Illinois High School and College Driver Education Association (IHSCDEA)
Most announcements will be made by way of Google Classroom. Students will sign up for google classroom using their school provided email and develop the responsible habit of checking that account regularly. This class is a team effort between the classroom teacher, driving instructor, parent, and student. Communication channels are always open in all directions.
At a moment in life when at the threshold of independence, there is excitement and trepidation for the journey ahead.
Remember you are never really alone or without support, even if you cannot always see it.