Welcome 5V Wolverines & Families
Be in Touch:
- Phone: 630-428-6751
- Email: Amit_Vaid@ipsd.org
- Room 124
- @MrVaid5 (Twitter)
Week of 09/17-09/21: During this week the students will continue to explore themes of identity in two specific texts: The Where I'm From poem by Georgia Ella Lyons and by reading Becoming Naomi Leon a novel. The novel study will last into the end of October. Social studies will start with a study of ancient civilization. Students will also get a little more homework, and we'll begin taking more in-class formative assessments. I will notify you. We'll also begin our school's Second Step social-emotional learning program that Wednesday.
Other: I am hoping that most kids can get access to a student Gmail account. With that they will be able to learn digital citizenship and work on a few BIG projects this year. One includes Project 36863.
Other: Students will also begin blogging using the application Kidblog. I will teach them some nuances of this.
- Friday 09/14: Oral reading CBM testing
- Wednesday 09/26: Picture Day
- Wednesday 09/26: Curriculum Night 6-8pm
- Please continue to check the Google Homeroom Classroom for homework updates.
- Please read the email permissions form and respond with a decision soon.