All home learning will be posted each week on this web page. It is the students responsibility to check this website daily. If a student does not have access to the web at home, he/she must check this site before leaving school each day. Home Learning is due the next day unless otherwise specified. If home learning is NOT turned in the next day, it is expected the following day. Students will stay in for recess to work on the assignment. If it’s not turned in the following day, an email, note or phone call will be made to the parent/guardian.
Chrome books must go back and forth from school to home each day and be fully charged upon arrival at school! Chrome books will be used on a regular basis, so it is very important for each child to have this tool.
Week of March 10th-14th: 1. Read for 120 minutes and answer the new question sheet carefully. This is due Friday!
2. Study for your suffix quiz. (phobia) Quiz is Friday! http://quizlet.com/38127077/suffix-list-2-phobia-flash-cards/
3. Make sure you have a book all week, it is Read Across America week! :)
Due on Monday, March 3rd - Finish 4 Square Olympic Literary Device Poster
Week of March 3rd-7th: 1. Read the TFK and complete the packet. Due on Friday.
2. Study for your suffix test. (ology) This quiz is Friday. http://quizlet.com/36961003/suffix-list-ology-flash-cards/
Week of February 17th-21st: 1. Study for your prefix test which is on Wednesday! http://quizlet.com/35077954/grade-6-prefixes-flash-cards/
2. Read the TFK and complete the packet. This is due on Friday.
Week of February 10-13th: 1. Study for your ancient Greece test. Tuesday will be part one on Geography and History. Thursday will be part 2 on Government and Economics. http://quizlet.com/35093231/ancient-greece-test-flash-cards/
2. Study for your prefix test which will be on Wednesday on February 19th. http://quizlet.com/35077954/grade-6-prefixes-flash-cards/
3. Make sure that you are signed up for a parent/teacher/student conference. Calls need to be made to Mrs. Doten for scheduling purposes.
Week of February 3rd-7th: 1. Finish Greece review guide by Thursday!
2. Beginning Thursday night, study for your ancient Greece test. The test is split over two days. On Tuesday, Feb. 11th you will be tested on Geography and History. On Thursday, February 13th you will be tested in the areas of Government and Economics. http://quizlet.com/35093231/ancient-greece-test-flash-cards/
3. Begin studying for your prefix test which will be on Wednesday, February 19th. It is on all the prefixes we have done this year!! http://quizlet.com/35077954/grade-6-prefixes-flash-cards/
Week of January 27th-31st: 1. Read the TFK and complete the packet. This is due on Friday.
2. Study for a prefix quiz. (auto, self) http://quizlet.com/34917252/auto-self-flash-cards/
Week of January 21st-23rd: 1. Study for a quiz on Thursday. The topic is Greek Mythology, it includes the gods/goddesses and the definitions. http://quizlet.com/33903757/greek-gods-and-goddesses-flash-cards/
2. Work on your Greek Mythology poster if needed. It is due at the end of the day on Thursday!
Week of January 13th-17th: 1. Read for 120 minutes and take notes on the sheet provided. Then answer either the fiction or non-fiction questions in complete detailed sentences. Due Friday!
2. Study for your prefix quiz: multi. The quiz is Friday. http://quizlet.com/33640024/multi-flash-cards/
3. Begin studying for a quiz next Thursday, the 23rd in Greek Mythology. http://quizlet.com/33903757/greek-gods-and-goddesses-flash-cards/
Mrs. Healey's and Hayman's class - New Year's Resolution writing DUE Wed morning!
Week of January 7th-10th: 1. Read the double issue of TFK and do the packet. This is due on Friday!
Week of December 16th-20th: 1. Study for your prefix quiz which is on THURSDAY this week! http://quizlet.com/32735527/penta-oct-sol-soli-flash-cards/
2. Don't forget your Yankee Swap gift by Wednesday!
* Don't forget: Holiday concert at 7:00 pm on Tuesday night!*
*Don't forget your shoe box with a removable lid for science.*
Week of December 9th-13th: 1. Read all of the TFK and do the packet. This is due on Friday!
2. Study for your quiz on Greece Geography. The quiz is Tuesday. http://quizlet.com/31333181/geography-of-greece-flash-cards
3. Study for a vocabulary quiz on Friday. (cent, centi, dec, deca) http://quizlet.com/31907988/cent-centi-dec-deca-flash-cards/
4. Bring in cans for the food drive. Last day is Thursday the 12th, the deadline was extended.
5. Report Card Envelopes due back on Tuesday!
Week of December 2nd-6th: 1. Read for 120 minutes and take notes on the sheet provided. Then answer either the fiction or non-fiction questions in complete detailed sentences. (This is due Friday!)
2. Study for a quiz on Friday (prefixes of hemi and semi) http://quizlet.com/31332384/hemi-and-semi-flash-cards/
3. Begin to study for a vocabulary quiz (slotted for next Tuesday the 10th) on geographic terms for Greece. http://quizlet.com/31333181/geography-of-greece-flash-cards
4. Bring in cans for the food drive.
Week of November 25 and 26th: 1. Read all of the TFK and do the worksheet. This is due on TUESDAY!
2. Bring in cans for the food drive, items for the humane society and box tops.
3. Have a happy Thanksgiving! :)
Week of November 18th-22nd: 1. Study for a test on ancient Egypt. The test will be in two parts. Geography and Government are on Tuesday and History and Economics will be on Thursday. Use the quizlet below and your study guide!
2. Bring in cans for the food drive!
Week of November 12th-15th: 1. Read 90 minutes and fill in the log sheet.
2. Study for a quiz on Friday. (prefixes of equ and equi)
3. Begin to study for your ancient Egypt test which will be sometime next week! The quizlet will help with the definitions but you NEED to use your study guide as well!
Week of November 4th-8th: 1. Read Time for Kids and do the packet of worksheets. This is due on Friday.
2. Study for a quiz on Friday. (prefixes of dif, dis, dys, and last weeks de)
Week of October 28th-November 1st: 1. Read for a total of 90 minutes this week and take notes on the sheet provided, along with answering either the fiction or nonfiction questions (scroll down to the bottom of the page if you need a copy)- depending on the type of book you have read. Due Friday!!
2. Study for a quiz on Friday. (prefixes of DE) http://quizlet.com/29179867/prefixes-de-flash-cards/
Week of October 21st-25th: Read Time for Kids and do the worksheets. This is due on Thursday due to no school on Friday!
Portfolio Slips -bright green ones- due Tuesday if they weren't turned in Monday.
Weekend Home Learning (October 18th, 19th, 20th) for Mrs. Healey's classes: Rewrite, redo, or finish Home Learning from this past week!
Week of October 15th - 18th - Read for 30 minutes each night and take notes on the sheet provided, along with answering either the fiction or nonfiction questions (scroll down to the bottom of the page if you need a copy)- depending on the type of book you have read. Due Friday!!
Week of October 7th-11th: 1. NO Homework due to NECAP testing. Sleep well and eat a good breakfast!
Week of Sept 30th- October 4th: 1. Read all of the TFK and do the two worksheets. This is due on Wednesday!!
2. There will be no home learning Wednesday night due to NECAPS on Thursday!
Weekend of Sept. 28th and 29th - Finish any work that was due Friday - 4 Kinds of Sentences Poster and Finish reading Death of a Princess.
Week of Sept. 23rd-27th: 1. Read for 120 minutes throughout the week and take notes about your reading on the sheet provided.
2. Study for quiz on parts of speech and types of sentences. Quiz is on Friday!!
Week of Sept.16th-20th: 1. Read all of the TFK and do the 3 worksheets. This is due on Friday!
Week of Sept.9th-13th: 1. Study for your literary terms quiz on Friday! http://quizlet.com/25834800/literary-terms-flash-cards/
2. Read for 120 minutes throughout the week, take notes and write a summary. Due Friday!
Week of Sept.3-6 Read for 30 minutes each night, fill in the summary section and get a parent signature. (90 min by Friday)
Summer reading questions and the drawings are due Thursday Sept. 5th.
Week of August 26th-30th: Information packet due Thursday, Aug 29th.
Pleasure reading book at "just right level" due by Tuesday Sept. 3rd.