Proof of Poetry Entry
1.___ Student turns in a typed (and saved) poem to Mrs. Lorch
2.___ W h e n Mrs. Lorch approves poem, bring it home
3. ___Go on poeticpower.com, fill out the form, & paste poem in
4.____Have your parent read the poem before you press submit
5.____Have parent sign the paper below and turn in Nov. 1-20.
On ______________(date), _________________________________(student's name) sent in a
poem to poeticpower.com or another site/address. I, as the parent/guardian,
checked the poem for spelling, content, and capitalization on the computer screen right before my child pressed the submit button.
1. Poems must be the original work of the student
2. Poems can be on any appropriate topic (no pro-violence, drugs, etc)
3. Poems must be in English
4. Poems must not be over 21 lines of text
1. Students must be in school (public, private or home school) in the United States or Canada.
2. Students can enter on their own or have a parent or teacher make their entry.
3. All entries must be in English and be the original work of the student.
4. Students can be in grades 3-12 for the essay contest.
5. Students can write on any appropriate subject (No pro-violence, pro drugs, etc)
6. Essays must not be over 250 words or 300 total words not counting articles such as "a, an, the, etc".
7. Essays must be non-fiction (no short stories or essays written as if you are a historical figure.)