1. Poems must be the original work of the student
2. Poems can be on any appropriate topic (no pro-violence, drugs, etc)
3. Poems must be in English
4. Poems must not be over 21 lines of text
1. Students must be in school (public, private or home school) in the United States or Canada.
2. Students can enter on their own or have a parent or teacher make their entry.
3. All entries must be in English and be the original work of the student.
4. Students can be in grades 3-12 for the essay contest.
5. Students can write on any appropriate subject (No pro-violence, pro drugs, etc)
6. Essays must not be over 250 words or 300 total words not counting articles such as "a, an, the, etc".
7. Essays must be non-fiction (no short stories or essays written as if you are a historical figure.)
You must show Mrs. Lorch your final copy before
submission November - April
Proof of Poetry Entry (Poem Sheet)
On _____________ ____________________________________ sent in a
(date) (first and last name of student)
poem to poeticpower.com or another site/address. I checked the
poem for spelling and capitalization before my child
sent in the poem.