USAID Subaward Management
May 11, 2012 ♦ 8:30am-5:00pm
Palm Spring Resort
Coming to Monrovia, Liberia on May 8-10 – USAID Rules & Regulations: Grants & Cooperative Agreements Workshop.
Many organizations implement USAID-funded projects which include sub-awards to local organizations. Local organizations are often essential to project success. Organizations need to manage sub-awards in ways that accomplish project objectives while assuring compliance with donor rules and regulations.
The workshop will provide participants with guidance, useful tools and best practices in managing sub-award programs. Groups will return to work with strategies to answer questions such as:
· How do you select, assess and strengthen a local partner?
· What funding mechanism is most appropriate for this subaward?
· How do you monitor program output, performance quality, financial accuracy and regulatory compliance?
What You Will Learn
The workshop teaches participants to select and monitor local partners in a manner that minimizes risk while optimizing program effectiveness. Sub-award management aspects such as selecting a local partner: assessment and risk; engaging a partner: award types, team integration, ingredients for success; monitoring progress: program output, performance quality, financial and regulatory compliance and evaluations/audits; and best practices will be addressed.
· Identify effective approaches to assessing local partners
· Identify criteria for successful engagement of partners and the selection of appropriate award mechanisms
· Learn effective monitoring plan strategies, taking into consideration different circumstances
· Identify special considerations in managing risks unique to USAID funding
Who Should Attend
This workshop will focus on the issues faced by staff that are responsible for managing and monitoring sub-award programs. The topics will be especially useful for program, finance, compliance and grant/contract managers.
The course will involve presentation and small-group work and will contain both information delivery and practical exercises.
What You Will Receive
· Course Manual that includes sample sub-award management tools and templates - many from InsideNGO members - and a list of Useful Websites
· 8 CPE Credits
How do I register?:
Click here for the registration form. You can also register for this event by sending an email to workshops@InsideNGO.org and requesting a Registration Form. You can phone 203-226-3650 for further information on this workshop.
Earn CPE Credits
Participants at the workshop will earn 8 CPE credits and receive a certificate of attendance. The course level is beginner. No advance preparation is required. No prerequisites. Delivery method of this program is Group-Live.
InsideNGO is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org.
For more information regarding administrative policies, such as complaint, cancellation and refund, please contact our offices at 203-226-3650 or workshops@InsideNGO.org.
InsideNGO, 1221 Post Road East
Westport CT, 06880, 203-226-3650