Training Officer Volunteer
Training Officers - Formerly known as tactical officers, training officers are assigned to each flight at an encampment.
Training officers are CAP senior members who are the cadets’ first-line adult leaders. They also fulfill a critical role as mentors to the cadet staff.
Assistant training officers are assigned as available. Senior training officers are also assigned as available,
and serve at the squadron level and supervise flight-level training officers. In large encampments, a chief training officer supervises
the full team of training officers and provides guidance and mentoring to newcomers. This position’s major functional areas include:
- Ensuring the cadets’ safety, health and well-being
- Observation, training, mentoring, and assisting in evaluation of flight staff
- Observation, training, and assisting the Cadet staff in evaluation of students
- Ensuring that the encampment’s curriculum and learning goals are progressing as expected by reporting up through the chain of command at daily meetings
- Responsible stewardship of resources, whether belonging to CAP or the host facility
If you are interested in a rewarding experience and wish to volunteer your time please contact the Encampment Commander.
You will be then contacted by the Encampment Chief Training Officer / Encampment Executive Officer for a brief Q&A before being considered to be "hired on".
We thank you for your interest and hope to see you there!!
***Please contact the encampment Commander if interested in a Training Officer Position**