Guidelines for Oral Presentations (Full/Short/YRT papers)
- Full paper presentations are allotted 25 minutes (including everything). Please prepare for a 20 minute presentation (including setup time) + 5 minutes for questions. Short and YRT papers are allotted 15 minutes. Please prepare for a 12 minute presentation (including setup time) + 3 minutes for questions.
- The rooms are equipped with overhead projectors. Please be prepared to use your own laptop for your presentation. There are breaks before most sessions, so please setup and test your presentation during these breaks.
- Slides must be legible from the back of a large room. Font size on slides should be at least 24 points, or 20 points when necessary in exceptional cases.
- Your talk should summarize your paper - not replace it. Try to convey the main idea and key results instead of reproducing every detail (people can get details from the paper).
- Use visuals and diagrams. Avoid excessive text and complete sentences.
- Use examples. Concrete examples are easier to grasp than abstract statements.
- Repeat each question so that everyone hears it, the questioner verifies that you understood it, and you get time to prepare your answer.
Guidelines for Poster Presentations
- You will be provided with a 48'' x 36'' (width x height in inches) poster board and push pins.
- Poster boards will be mounted on easels that we will provide.
- Posters must be visible from at least 6 feet away, so please use large fonts (minimum of 32 points).
- Avoid overly "texty" posters. Use visuals and diagrams. Remember that the poster should convey the main ideas of your paper (not replace it)
Guidelines for Demos
- Equipment: EDM will provide screens, chair, tables, power, and internet connections.
- Presenters should provide the rest, including computers with necessary software installed.
- Presenters should demonstrate their software or tools related to EDM during demo session.
- Presenters should be available during their demo to visitors for any demo, questions, etc.