Founded in 1991, IDEO is an innovation and design firm that uses a human-centered, design-based approach to help organizations in the business, government, education, healthcare, and social sectors innovate and grow in three ways:
Highlights and Accolades
- Identify new ways to serve and support people by uncovering their latent needs, behaviors, and desires.
- Visualize new directions for companies and brands and design the offerings - products, services, spaces, media and software - that bring innovation strategy to life.
- Enable organizations to change their cultures and build the capabilities required to sustain innovation.
- Ranked as one of the most innovative companies in the world by Boston Consulting Group (2005 - 2007, Business Week)
- Ranked #5 on Fast Company's list of the Top 25 Most Innovative Companies (2008)
- Awarded the Smithsonian Cooper-Hewitt National Design Museum's National Design Award for Product Design (2001).
- Winner of more IDEA awards than any other design firm.
- 19 Red Dot awards; 15+ iF Hanover awards.
- Featured in a 1999 episode of ABC's Nightline, which followed an IDEO team as they redesigned the shopping cart in four days.