Immaculate Heart of Mary School, immersed in the teachings of the Catholic Church, is dedicated to providing excellent spiritual and academic formation in the development of well-rounded individuals centered in Christ.
Week of January 8, 2017
- Mass on Wednesday at 8:30 a.m.
- The Three Kings
- The Holy Family
- Story: Snakes
- Words to Sound Out: safe made make lake snakes scales
- Sight Words: under why know where
- Review ch, wh & nk
- Review compare & contrast, contractions
- Introduce long a with a silent/bossy "e" (example: safe, made, lake, etc.)
- him Kim slim swim
- fin pin sin win
- lick pick sick quick
No Excuse Word: reptile
- Counting by 10's to 120 (starting at various numbers)
- Understanding tens and ones - place value
- Using objects, pictures and numbers to represent a ten and some ones
- Grouping objects to show numbers to 50 as tens and ones
- Counting quarters, dimes and pennies
- Animal Unit:
- Mammals (breathe with lungs, have a backbone, have fur or hair, have live babies that get nourishment from their moms, have well-developed brains & are warm-blooded
- Reptiles (breathe with lungs, have a backbone, have dry, rough scaly skin, are cold-blooded, most hatch from eggs)
Helpful Hints and Upcoming Dates
- Keep an early and consistent bedtime (7:00 - 8:00 is excellent).
- Check blue folders every evening.
- Send in a healthy snack each and every day.
- Send in library books!
- Wednesday for Mrs. Peltier's class
- Friday for Mrs. Stockholm's class!