Immaculate Heart of Mary School, immersed in the teachings of the Catholic Church, is dedicated to providing excellent spiritual and academic formation in the development of well-rounded individuals centered in Christ.
Week of February 12, 2017
- Mass on Wednesday at 8:30 a.m.
- Jesus Calls His Disciples
- Jesus' First Miracle - The Wedding at Cana
- Saint Valentine
- Story: Yasmin's Ducks
- Words to Sound Out: globe hoses joke hope Rome's
- Sight Words: work buy because found some
- Review inflectional ending "ed"
- Review cause & effect
- Introduce long o with a silent/bossy "e" (example: hope, phone, bone, etc.)
- bake snake cake lake shake
- date late gate plate rate
No Excuse Word: what
- Counting on to 12
- Doubles and Doubles Plus One
- Adding 3 Numbers
- Counting quarters, dimes and pennies
- Animal Unit:
- Mammals (breathe with lungs, have a backbone, have fur or hair, have live babies that get nourishment from their moms, have well-developed brains & are warm-blooded
- Reptiles (breathe with lungs, have a backbone, have dry, rough scaly skin, are cold-blooded, most hatch from eggs)
- Birds (breathe with lungs, have a backbone, have feathers, hatches from an egg, has two legs and two wings)
- Fish (breathe with gills, have scales, lay eggs, has a backbone and are cold-blooded)
- Amphibians (usually lives part of its life in water and part of its life on land, is cold-blooded, most have smooth, moist skin, has a backbone)
Helpful Hints and Upcoming Dates
- Keep an early and consistent bedtime (7:00 - 8:00 is excellent).
- Check blue folders every evening.
- Send in a healthy snack each and every day.
- Send in library books!
- Wednesday for Mrs. Peltier's class
- Friday for Mrs. Stockholm's class!