We have finished our classroom art projects; check out our work on our Classroom Art Project page!This week we are traveling on the Oregon Trail through Fort Bridger and Soda Springs. Soon, we will start sewing our small quilts. I still need a volunteer or two for this project. If you are interested, please contact me.
Paid Dress Day
Friday, April 28th, is a paid dress day. Students can pay $3.00 to wear clothing other than their school uniform.
Math ISATs will be taken on the week of . Please make sure your child gets plenty of rest over these weeks. We appreciate your support with this, and we are really proud of how hard students are working! We have several important events coming soon:
Elementary Dance Concert
Onour students will be performing in a dance concert at at the NNU Brandt Center. Each class has a specific dance they will be performing. Students will need to arrive 15 minutes before the performance begins in order to get dressed in costumes. Students should come dressed in the following: Girls - White dress shirt or white school shirt, black leggings, Boys - White dress shirt or white school shirt, black or blue school pants
I will also need two parent volunteers to help assist students with getting their costumes on over their clothes. If you are willing and able to do this please let me know. It will not require you to miss the performance.
DVDs will be available for sale at both the Elementary Dance Concert on May 9th and the MS/HS Dance Concert on .
DVDs can be purchased for $20.00 at the events with cash or check made out to John Babcock. Please look for the tables at each event where orders will be taken.
Oregon Trail Interpretive Center Field Trip
Our Pod 1 third and fourth grade classes will be going to the Oregon Trail Interpretive Center on Friday, May 12th.
We will load the buses at 9:00 a.m. and will return around 4:30 p.m. All students will need to be picked up at the school on this day. We are NOT planning on being back in time for kids to ride a bus home. Here are some important things for you and your child to know:
· Parents are welcome to join us. I have already filled the spots that I had on the bus for chaperones (for Miss Ball's class) HOWEVER, any of you are welcome to drive yourself, or to carpool with other parents. Bring a lunch! All students must ride the bus to the center. You can take your own child home from the center if you check them out with their teacher.
· Students will need a sack lunch and a drink. A bus snack will be appropriate, as well.
· Please try to have your child eat breakfast before school.
· Cell phones are welcome for pictures and for contacting parents in the event that we are behind schedule or ahead.
· MP3 players or other devices for music are welcomed and encouraged for the bus ride. Please have items labeled with their name. They will need to keep these items in a bag or somewhere safe, as we won’t be responsible for lost or stolen items (The bus will be locked when we are in the Interpretive Center). J
· No need to send anything that runs on WIFI- we won’t have it. But, handheld devices without internet are good!
· Students must be in school uniform. We do encourage comfortable shoes and weather appropriate bottoms.
Thanks for all you do for our school and your students,
- Paid Dress Day
- Les Miserables (Evening Performances at @ Phoenix Room; Sat. matinee @ )
- PTO Meeting ( @ Secondary Conference Room)
- PTO Skate Night ( @ RollerDrome)
- MS Band Concert ( @ Phoenix Room)
- Character Assemblies (; )
- Prom ( @ Nampa Civic Center)
- Elementary Dance Concert (At NNU Brandt Center 7:00 p.m)
- Field Trip to Oregon Trail Interpretive Center