We hope you are all set to attend the Mysore Park Workshop on Computer Vision. Here is some
logistical information you will need for your trip.
Arrangements have been made for your airport transfers in Bangalore per your arrival/departure details.
As you exit the arrivals hall at the Bangalore International Airport (BIA), please expect some amount of
confusion as there will be several drivers carrying placards with people’s names on them. Please look for
a person carrying a placard with your name on it. This person will guide you to your driver who will take
you to the hotel to rest until it is time to board the Bus to Mysore. If you have any problems locating the
person at the arrivals lounge please contact Mr. Manish on his hand phone # +919900061323Departure
: For those departing on 23rd night or 24th early hours, the bus will drop you directly at BIA. For
those staying on, the bus will drop you at the hotel.Accommodation At Bangalore / Day use room
Day use rooms have been arranged at the 37th Crescent Hotel (www.37thcrescent.in). The hotel is
approximately a 45-min drive from the airport. The rooms have been reserved from the 18th night to
ensure that rooms are available upon check in during early hours of 19th. If you require any changes
to be made to your reservation, please connect with Chris Sandhu (firstname.lastname@example.org)
For those staying back in Bangalore for a day or more on the return from Mysore to catch international
flights, we have booked rooms at the same hotel per your itinerary. The rate per room is approx. USD
60 inclusive of Breakfast, Wi-Fi and taxes per night.Transport to Mysore
Two buses have been arranged for travel to Mysore and back. The first bus will leave at 1600 on 19th
Dec and depending on where attendees are (either at the hotel or at the MSR India Lab), we will arrange
for the bus to pick them up and proceed to Mysore. Bottled water and refreshments will be served on
board. Those wishing to have dinner on campus in Mysore should aim to get on to this bus. The second
bus is slated to leave between 2030 to 2130.
Arrival in Mysore & Campus guidelines:
Accommodation at Mysore
- The bus will arrive at Gate 1 where all baggage will be screened for security reasons.
- Event badges will be issued to all attendee and is a critical part of the Infosys Campus Security
Policy – please wear it at all times. These will be viewed as ID Badges.
- Transport and consumption of Liquor inside the campus is Not Allowed.
- The campus is a non-smoking zone. Smoking inside the room and on the corridors is strictly
prohibited. However, there are designated smoking points in the ground floors of all blocks
which will be recognizable by an ashbin.
- Security Guards will direct you to the hall (workshop venue).
- Housekeeping services in rooms are available during the day.
- The Campus does not have the facility of room service for food and beverage.
- Please use Floating Restaurant and Food Courts for food and beverage requirement.Timings
Breakfast 07:30 to 09:30
Lunch 12:00 to 14:30
Dinner 19:00 to 22:00
- The Recreation Centre (RC) houses a Super Market, Book Store, Medical Centre, ICICI Bank,
Salon for ladies and gents.
- Campus phone numbers:
Accommodation Helpdesk : 4000 / 5500
Security : 6000 / 6001
Housekeeping Helpdesk :1000
24/7 Call Center : 9
- All attendees will be allotted single rooms except those travelling with spouse.
- Internet will be available in all rooms. During check in, coupons with user names and passwords
will be handed out to each attendee. These are applicable only in the rooms. Speakers will
have access to wired Ethernet at the workshop avenue. Limited wired points are being setup
at the workshop venue. Ports are not blocked, so you should be careful about having firewall
protection on your computer. There is no wifi as per Infosys security policy. However you may
use your personal data card using 3G, 2G and similar technologies.
- All meals will be provided on campus at the Floating Restaurant except for Dec 20 which will
feature an exciting evening of entertainment & lots of questions by quiz master Mark Rego.
Rated by BBC as India's Best Pub Quiz followed by dinner at Chalukya Hall at The Fortune JP
Palace Hotel (http://www.fortunehotels.in/resort/Mysore-Fortune_JP_Palace.aspx)
- The workshop will be conducted at the Mother Teresa Hall on campus.
- Arrangements will be made for those presenting posters in a separate area just outside the hall.
There will be whiteboards and easel stands to display the posters.
- Tea/Coffee will be served in the area just outside the hall, near the poster session area.
- A multifunction printer will be available at the hall.