Hydro to Hydro-Eakly

A Public School Located in Hydro, Oklahoma 73048


School 1901

Hydro School started in 1901 in Eakin Hall with 225 students. This is the first schoolhouse used from 1902-1911 at 5th and Arapaho.

School 1911

This schoolhouse was built in 1911-12. It was a brick building built on the site of the present school.

School 1920

In the mid-1920s an addition was built to the first brick schoolhouse.

School 1940

In 1940 a new building housed the elementary, high school, gym/auditorium.

Gym 1950s

Pictured is the gymnasium which was added in 1957. Also in the 50's a new agriculture and lunch/band buildings were added in 1956.

H-E Elem 1974

Pictured is the elementary which was added in 1974. Also added in 1978 was a new agriculture building.

H-E Building 1999

In 1999, Hydro consolidated with Eakly.

H-E Elem 2002

In 2002, Hydro-Eakly dedicated its new elementary. This was an addition to the Charles Gambrell Multi-Purpose Facility that was started in the 1980s and had an addition in the 1990s.

H-E HS 2011

In 2010, Hydro-Eakly dedicated its new middle school/high school facility.

 

In 2014 Hydro-Eakly added a new Agriculture Education Building.

 
Event Center 2014

In 2014 Hydro-Eakly added a new Event Center.


The 1976 Bobcat Yearbook can be used as a historical reference.  Pages in the 1976 book that were strictly pertaining to that year are not displayed. Please click on a picture to see a better image displayed.   Try these links to learn more about the school history.