The Shirley M. Hufstedler School of Education Mexico City Summer Immersion Program will be held on the Alliant Mexico City campus and surrounding areas from June 30 - July 15, 2012.
This program provides educators with a career-enriching experience that uniquely prepares you to create effective learning environments for culturally-diverse students. You will:
• Enhance your Spanish language skills (all levels welcome)
• Gain first-hand insight into Mexican families, society, history and politics - and how those factors impact education and immigration
• Experience students and classrooms in Mexico City's schools
• Learn to design and develop culturally responsive teaching strategies adn curricula supporting multicultural identities, language and literacy
• Enjoy the rich culture of Mexico with visits to museums, ruins and other landmarks
• Be part of a cohort group in TES7040: Development of Cross-Cultural Competencies (optional)
Space is limited and open to adults over the age of 21.