Good Morning Jaguars! Today is Wednesday, May 04, 2011 and here is your daily dose of the daily jag.
1. Don't forget... The GARDEN CLUB is meeting today after school! All hours spent in the HPHS Garden are medically related community service hours. We need to get ready to plant the vegetables and flowers soon!
2. Attention AP English 12 students: the AP test is this Thursday, May 5th. Make sure you are here no later than 8:15am and report to room C-12. See Ms. Lopez if you have any questions.
3. Attention current 10th and 11th grade students: If you are interested in taking a class at Sac City college this Summer or next Fall you must attend a mandatory student and parent meeting on Wednesday, May 11th @ 5:30 here at HPHS. You must have a 2.7 total GPA on your most current high school transcript to take a class. See Ms. Lopez if you have questions and to sign up for the meeting.
4. Want to learn about boxing, self-defense and get a kick start to a healthy lifestyle? If you want to learn about boxing, exercise and feel great doing it, please come. This is a free training session. We will meet afterschool on Wednesday and Thursday from 3 - 4:30 pm. Please RSVP with Alex Schildgen. There are only 15 spots available.
5. Do you have MAD skillz on the kickball field? Can you represent and take your class to the top? HPHS is forming four teams to represent each class level in the First EVER Inter-school Kickball Tournament. Class Level Teams will play each other and the winner will play against Science and Engineering. Also did we mention the winners get to play against the TEACHERS!!! If you interested in showing you pride and putting a little smack down on Science and Engineering see your teachers for more information. Teams need to be 50% boys and 50% girls. Get your spot and show them how the Jags take care of business.
6. Attention ALL Students: If you would like to receive a VIP invite to the yearbook party June 10th at 11:45, Eat a Free Catered Lunch, and Receive your yearbook 1 week earlier than everyone else, then you MUST purchase your yearbook with MS.L in C-2 by May 27th. So bring your money soon invitations are limited
7. Prom is now open to all students! Buy your prom tickets at lunch in the quad. $40 per person. Prom is May 21st, 7-11 at the Pagoda in Downtown Sacramento.
8. Now that the weather is warm we are seeing scrub shorts. Remember that scrub shorts must me hemmed at the knee with thread. No frayed edges, stapled, rolled or safety pinned shorts are allowed. If you are not dress code appropriate you will be asked to call home for scrubs.
Well, that’s it for today’s news. Remember to have a great day and keep roaring on. ROAR!!!
The Daily Jag >