Stanton Learning Center Handbook:
- 2016-17 Handbook
- 2016-17 Handbook Spanish
For high school and Jr. high handbooks please refer to their websites.
Hours of Operation:
- High School and Jr. High DAEP students
- Monday - Friday 8:00am - 4:00pm
- 3 & 4 year olds
- Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 2:50 pm
**NEW** Drop Off:
- Pre-K students should be
dropped off at Stanton Gym. (PPCD drop off at the classroom.)
- Breakfast will be served in the classrooms.
- Make sure to walk your child to the door and teacher is aware of the student's presence.
- PLEASE DO NOT STAY with your child in the gym.
- The attendance policy of Hereford ISD and the State of Texas will be strictly enforced.
- Students must attend school every day. Parents please call the office at 363-7610 if your child will be absent.
- According to state law, a student must be present at least 90% of the school days in a semester.
- In case of bad weather, the superintendent may cancel school due to bad conditions or may start school later.
- Parents, listen to the radio: KPAN - 106.3 FM and/or 8.10AM or view the television stations Channel 4 - KGNC, 7 - KVII, 10 - KFDA, or the weather channel 8.
- If school starts 1 or 2 hours late, PLEASE bring your child to the CLASSROOM...not the Cafeteria.
- If you child is a bus rider and you don't want your child to ride the bus, you must call the office before 2:00 pm to make sure the teacher gets the message not to send your child on the bus.
- In order to be good students, children must be in school and they must be able to meet classroom expectations.
- Learning will not take place without a warm and orderly environment.
- Students who are disruptive, hurt other children or fight will be removed from the class and taken to the office. Other cannot learn and teachers cannot teach when this type of behavior is present.
- A discipline form will be completed and appropriate action will be taken. A copy of the discipline form will be mailed to the parent(s).