- G.1(A) I treat vectors and scalars differently and distinguish between the two.
- G.2(A) I can manipulate vectors (break a vector into components and add them).
- G.3(A) I report answers with a reasonable amount of precision, given the measurements provided.
- G.4(A) I report answers using the correct units.
Constant Velocity Particle Model (CVM)
- DCG .1(A) I understand and can identify the difference between independent, dependent, and controlled variables.
- DCG .2(A) I can achieve a reasonable amount of precision in my measurements and know how to identify (and deal with) "bad data".
- DCG .3(A) I can construct and clearly label/annotate data tables according to the guidelines discussed in class.
- DCG .4(B) I can graph experimental data according to the guidelines discussed in class.
- DCG .5(B) Given a formal data table or graph, I can identify and describe relationships between variables.
Balanced Forces Particle Model (BFPM)
- CVM.1(A) I can draw and interpret diagrams to represent the motion of an object moving with a constant velocity.
- CVM.2(B) I understand and can use the following vocabulary: position, distance, displacement, average speed, average velocity, scalar, vector, qualitative, quantitative.
- CVM.3(B) I can solve problems using the constant velocity particle model.
Constant Acceleration Particle Model (CAPM)
Unbalanced Forces Particle Model (UBFPM)
Momentum Transfer Model (MTM)
Projectile Motion Particle Model (PMPM)
Energy Transfer Model (ETM)
Oscillating Particle Model (OPM)
Central Force Particle Model (CFPM)
Momentum Transfer and Energy Transfer, Part II (MTET)