Here will be posted all of the current work, announcements and deadlines for Mr. Scott Swaaley's physics class. If you cannot find the date you are looking for, you can scroll through the "Today in Class" blog page below, search the date in the search bar, or go to "Sitemap".
Today the Mechanisms were due (and should have been working smoothly, but of course that didn't happen).
Please keep in mind: you have the option to come in on Saturday from 9 AM - 1 PM and work on your mechanisms. This is STRONGLY recommended.
Today at the end of the day, both the third claim for your research paper and final draft of the mechanism are due.
Today in class we worked on getting the final drafts of our mechanisms to ready to cut, and worked on the third claim for your research paper (if you are finished with everything else since it is due tomorrow at the end of the day).
Today in class we worked on the second claim for our research paper, on our mechanisms (a completed and working machine is due on Friday), on the second draft of the manifestos, and whatever it is the Humanitarians are doing right now.
Today in class we drafted the first claim for our individual section of the theory. We have to research and write it in class and for homework today. We also need to keep in mind that Mondays are a day to plan out with your group what you want to achieve over the course of the week.
- Quizzes are passed back today
- Make-Up tests (round two) in on Thursday at lunch
- When you submit work online, you MUST MAKE SURE IT IS IN THE RIGHT FOLDER
Today in class we worked on meeting deadlines in both classes for your individual work and group work, along with work for your specific job. Due tomorrow is a draft of the Physics Manifesto and a Proof of Concept.
Today in class we caught up on the deadlines for the last two days and printed out the first draft for the "proof of concept"
- Priority #1: the deadlines for Monday
- Priority #2: the glyphs on the mechanism
- Prioirity #3: put the abstracts somewhere on your mechanism; either a summary or a sentence summary
- If you have nothing to do...
- Ask your group
- If group can't give you a job, you may work on homework from Mike's class
- To take the test tomorrow you have to do the work on Scott's DP, or else he will not let you take it
Today in class the machinist had to fix any mistakes on the file uploaded yesterday and the graphic artist needs to upload the glyphs so that the machinist can input them into the design.
- Save everything (all files/documents) in a folder on your digital portfolio
- Retake for the BFM Quiz #1 is during lunch on Thursday
- Read the instructions now posted on Scott's Digital Portfolio
- Scott will not enter the quiz grades until the first retake
Today in class we worked on thinking our gears through thoroughly and tweaking our designs in Illustrator. We also worked on creating the complex gears in our mechanism in Illustrator so they are ready to cut.
- be sure to group each object with it's own shaft hole so that Scott can move and manipulate placement to cut
- using ayers is a good idea as well
Also, check to see if you have all of the spongebob stickers you need.
- Retake for BFM is on Thursday during lunch
- Grades will not be put in GradeBook before the retake
Today in class we took the vectors quiz and worked on meeting project deadlines.
- For deadlines go to Scott's DP under projects
- To come in over break, you must talk to Scott and Mike or email them (RECOMMENDED)