The Chemistry of You and Me:
An Identity Project
This interdisciplinary mini-project serves as an opportunity to introduce your individual identity and establish our collective identity. You will create a personal periodic table modeled after Periodic Table of the Elements using the words, symbols and images you generate in Humanities. You will represent this personal periodic table on the academic side of your mask.
1. How are the concepts that define our identity structured? How do they work together? What trends and relationships exist?
2. How is the Periodic Table of the Elements structured? How do the elements work together? What trends and relationships exist?3. In what ways can multiple identities coexist? In what ways can they conflict?
4. What chemical element best symbolizes my personality? Why?
Unlimited Potential-In what ways are you open to the possibilities life has to offer?
Significance-What significant events/people/choices have defined your identity (identities)? What is the significance of the structure of the Periodic Table of the Elements?
Evidence-How do we know the Periodic Table of the Elements is highly structured? Where does structure exist in my Personal Periodic Table?
Final Product Requirement Checklist
1. Does my project address the project EQs?
2. Did I creatively display my 2 sides (academic, social)
3. Did I use words, symbols and images to express my values?
4. Did I organize my academic side according to the periodic table and include
a chemical element that best symbolizes my personality?
5. Did I include an artist statement that explains the symbolism, inspiration and how I addressed the project EQs?
Grading Scale for Chemistry
project calendar D
Project Calendar E
Project Calendar F