You will find in this section how to migrate your projects to a newer version of Squash-TA framework.
- Open your Eclipse Squash-TA.
- Open your project (in our example 'my.squash.ta.project')
- Open your POM ('pom.xml'), located at the root of your project and click on the 'pom.xml' tab.
- Modify your POM file by replacing the old version (in our example : 1.7.3-RELEASE) by the new version (X.X.X-RELEASE), everytime you see it.
- Then, save the pom.xml file.
That is it! Your project is now configured to use the new version X.X.X-RELEASE of Squash-TA framework. However some migration action could be needed :
the releases notes of the new version (and all the releases notes of the Squash TA framework version between your new version and your previous version), they could contain
migration information. Do the requested actions.
Remark : For your future projects, import the new version of the archetype (X.X.X-RELEASE). (see Set up a Squash-TA project?).
- From 1.8.0-RELEASE to 1.9.0-RELEASE
The log configuration location parameter is now obsolete, you should remove it from your pom :
It has been replaced by the environment variable log4j.configurationFile that you have to set in your launch configuration : replace the goal
"squash-ta:run" by "squash-ta:run -Dlog4j.configurationFile=src/log4j.xml"
Since we upgraded log4j version from 1.7.12 to 2.5, the logging conguration file syntax has changed. You can find detail on how to migrate your configuration file in apache documentation. Note that we we strongly advise to use ".xml" format to configure your logging, ".properties" format is still supported but not esealy readable and very verbose in log4j-2.x.
- From 1.7.3-RELEASE to 1.8.0-RELEASE
Three new parameters should be added to the tmCallBack configurer: