Disclaimer: We Are Not Roku.com/link, this website is purely for Information Purpose. We only train you on How to Install, Setup and for the Activation process.
Released nearly twelve years ago, on May 20, 2008, Roku was launched as a digital media players brand which is operated by the American company Roku, Inc. It aims to offer access to media content for streaming from a vast number of online services. Developed in a joint collaboration with Netflix, the earliest Roku model was introduced in May 2008.
The Roku setup runs on Roku OS, a custom Linux distribution by Roku, Inc. At first, Roku releases the OS updates to only a specific group of devices, just to make sure that the build released is stable or not, before it is made accessible to the larger community. With every update, you get the latest security patches, bug fixes, new and improved interface, and more.
How does Roku work?
With Roku, you can watch your favorite shows affordably. Roku devices are home to a vast amount of content related to entertainment and let you streamline your setup, thereby allowing you to replace your cable equipment to let you watch your favorite shows, all at an affordable price.
The initial price of Roku streaming players is $29.99. A variety of TV manufacturers provide Roku TVs at cost-effective prices. You don't have to pay an amount for using a Roku device or playing the free channels. However, you do need to pay for the TV shows and movie rentals from FandangoNOW, cable-replacement services such as Sling TV, and Netflix, and other subscription channels. Once you have purchased the Roku setup, you can activate it through roku.com/link.
Is the Roku account required?
To activate your device, you need a Roku account. Further, you can access content from the channels related to different fields of entertainment, sports, music, news, and more. With Roku, you don't have to pay any monthly equipment fees. However, you can add a payment method that will let you buy/rent movies or videos on-demand or subscribe to popular streaming services like Netflix. You can create your Roku account by visiting www.roku.com/link.
How to Activate Roku Device?
You can follow the below-mentioned steps to activate your Roku device:
1. Get your hands on the Quick Start Guide you received with your Roku device.
2. Further, go through the on-screen instructions to establish a connection between your Roku device and the Internet.
3. Your Roku device will download the latest version of the software once it is connected to the Internet.
4. A code will be displayed by your Roku device that you need to note down.
5. Further, visit the link roku.com/link and from your handset or PC.
6. Ensure that you have entered the webpage link www.roku.com/link correctly.
7. Enter the link code on the website and click on Submit.
8. Further, follow the on-screen instructions to create an account. If you already have a Roku account, enter your login credentials.
9. While you are on the account creation step, you will have to provide a payment method as it will allow you to subscribe to the popular channels, buy or rent TV shows and movies, or opt for other services from the Roku Channel Store. You need not worry about the payment method as it will only be used when you have completed the steps to sign-in, rented or bought a TV show or a movie, added a channel from the Channel Store.
What can you watch on Roku?
● On Roku, you can stream from paid and free services like Amazon Prime Video, Netflix, Google Play, Hulu, HBO, PBS, SHOWTIME, and The Roku Channel.
● Alongside these, you can stream content from thousands of additional channels related to news, sports, kid's programming, and international broadcasting channels such as CBS and ABC, and various music streaming services like Vevo, Spotify, and Pandora.
● You can stream movies from various other streaming services like Plex or Popcornflix or consider getting a Netflix subscription.
● Roku allows you to watch local as well as top cable channels like SHOWTIME or HBO without a cable connection. You may watch them as a standalone cable subscription or a replacement service. For Roku TVs, you can connect an antenna to receive broadcast channels.
● You can also get access to the national networks or the cord-cutter channels like Sling TV that will offer the best network programming at a low monthly cost. Also, users can access the live broadcast TV using the home antenna.
● Users can access from the list of over 140+ sports channels, including MLB, NHL, NFL, ESPN plus health, and NBA, yoga, and fitness channels. Some are free to use; however, others need a subscription.