Fayette County Substance Abuse Coalition (or FCSAC) is a group of community members who want healthy lifestyle choices to be the norm for everyone in Fayette County. We participate and host community wellness events and activities so that Fayette County youth, teens, and adults are aware of the health effects and risks of alcohol, marijuana, and prescription drugs. View our coalition brochure here.
“To educate and inform about the risks of substance use and to promote healthy lifestyle choices for everyone in Fayette County.”
The Fayette County Substance Abuse Coalition began in 2003 as a result of concern for methamphetamine manufacturing in the area. The mission continues on and has expanded to educate and inform about the risks of all substance use and to promote healthy lifestyle choices for everyone in Fayette County.
- Sponsored alcohol and drug forums
- Provided education and training to parents, youth and retailers
- Developed newspaper and social media campaigns
- Participated in health fairs and community events
- Hosted a Teen Maze for all Fayette County 9th graders
- Build coalition membership utilizing the 12 sectors to create long term coalition sustainability.
- Participate in community wellness activities and events to increase community awareness of the health effects and risks of alcohol, marijuana, and prescription drugs.
- Increase awareness of health and wellness in Fayette County.
The members of the Fayette County Substance Abuse Coalition come from a variety of backgrounds and interests and include 12 sectors:
- Schools and Universities
- Youth-serving organizations
- Law enforcement
- Faith-based community
- Civic and volunteer Groups
- Healthcare professionals
- State, local, or tribal government
- Substance abuse prevention and treatment organizations