Welcome to Heritage Glen School Library!
Celebrate Magic & Mystery in the Learning Commons
Participate with your family in our The Case of the Missing Dog--HG. School Mystery Remember you can only submit one guess .
Enter our Reading Challenge Draw each time you read a Magic or Mystery material.
Click on the image for information about other exciting happenings connected to our Magic & Mystery
About our Library
At Heritage Glen your library team strives to make the HG Learning Commons a meeting place for all! We offer an engaging collection of books and resources including materials meant for recreational reading and curriculum support. In addition to our vast collections of Books we now hold our Marker Space area offering both high tech (robotics, ipads) and low tech (glue guns, tape, materials) to enhance student creativity and learning. To see what is going on in our library follow us on Twitter at : https://twitter.com/HG_Library
The goal of our library is to get students, staff, and parents excited about visiting the learning commons using ideas and information so that they are life-long learners. We aim to build an environment that supports, motivates, and encourages all students to read.
To support these goals we strive to:
- Provide interesting reading and viewing materials suitable for all reading levels and in various formats and languages check out HDSB Database :Novelist K-8 Plus for some great ideas
- Celebrate and recognize holidays, events, cultures and traditions relevant to our school community through displays, lessons and read-alouds
- Encourage the use of library resources through challenges, contests, clubs, and activities
- Work collaboratively with staff to support the expectations of the Ontario curriculum
- Maintain a current collection of library resources and materials
- Embrace and adopt technology in the library as an extension of our print resources
- Support our H.G. school goals of helping each student to feel important and valued by focusing on Social Justice themes and activities