Hello Grade Two families,
A website decreases the amount of paper coming home in your child's backpack and ensures you are getting important notices (since you are checking it yourself). Please refer to this website as a source of information that will include important dates, project information, web links and daily life in our classroom.
For communications, we will be using your child's agenda. It is the best way to notify us of an absence, appointment, early pickup, etc. since we check it every morning. Please note that during the day, we are in class, teaching, and therefore may be unable to take phone calls. We will also use email for parent-teacher communication, though please note that it may take some time to respond to your message as we are teaching throughout the day and may have duties or meetings at lunch times and may not get your message until the day is over. We will respond as soon as possible to all messages.
Your partner in learning,
**please excuse any errors that may be on the site.
We have learned about a few new websites that are great for our students and FREE! Please find some information below about these great opportunities to use and practice French at home.
You already know about our great Lecture Enfants website--This website has a variety of books that allow students to not only read but listen to the stories on the website.
check it out by clicking : Lecture Enfants
The Plaisir a lire website offers access to a series of online books with accompanying activities. Make simple sentences, read texts and complete fun activities by signing up for an account! Click Below:
Carmen Campagne is a spot for students to sing, read and play with Carmen Campagne. Click below!
Important School Inforatmion
1. School Hours
- Our school day runs from 9:05am-3:25pm
- Please arrive by 9:00am (first bell) and line up outside our portables (2 and 3)
- If students are unsure of which class they are starting in we encourage them to check with a peer and teachers will do our very best to direct them to the appropriate portable
- Should your child arrive after 9:05am, please sign them in at the office
- At the end of the day, students should be picked up at 3:25pm outside of portables 2 and 3
2. Parking Lot
- The North Parking Lot is for Staff only
- The South Parking Lot is open in the AM for Kiss and Ride drop off of Kindergarten students (these cars are marked with a car tag)
- In the PM, both Parking Lots are closed (for the safety of our students and their families), drivers will need to park on neighbouring streets and walk to pick up children
- Our school moto is "Walk a Block" which encourages all of our families to walk to and from school each day where possible
3. Rainy Weather procedures
- Indoor recess will happen in the portables
- If it is raining in the morning before school starts, supervision starts inside the school at 8:50am
- Students who are in portables should go inside the school and wait for the bell to ring
- When the bell rings students can go out to their portable and will be greeted by a teacher
4. Please note that parents should not be entering the building (including portables) before or after school. Should you need to enter the school or portables at any time during the day it is important that you sign in at the office and wear a visitor badge. This is for safety reasons for our students, staff and families.