Do the following in order:
- Install Skype (create Skype name if student doesn't already have one)
- Windows 8 ONLY will need to create a Microsoft account
LibreOffice (install in order of the following)
- Firefox, check for most recent version (Firefox > About -or- Help>About Firefox)
- Install LibreOffice - LO (if not installed)
- Install inside of FF (not from Drive)
- After installing LO, it's FF plugin, and LO word processor plugin - go to amazon.com inside of FF
- Search for a book (i.e., "Special Education") > Click on the book
- When the book icon appears in the address bar (far right), click on it to import into Zotero
- Open LO (Text Document) > click on Zotero toolbar (first icon) to "insert citation"
- Change to American Psychological Association under "Citation Style"
- If Z search bar pops up, click on arrow pointing down & change to "Classic View"
- Select book you just imported from amazon.com (should show "author last name, year")
- Ask student if they already signed up for these accounts, if not have them create an account for each:
- Personal Gmail.com account (for YouTube)
- Personal Weebly account
- UH username (@hawaii.edu)