You are being asked to produce a personal statement. Keep in mind the purpose of the assignment, which is to describe yourself and a life experience as a way of selling your desirability as an intern. This should be descriptive, clearly written, and organized. Action Plan:
- Brainstorm characteristics of a good intern. This will be done individually and together.
- Brainstorm experiences in your life that may relate to the above characteristics.
- Carefully read the sample Reflection essays assigned.
- Draft a personal statement.
- The draft of your personal statement will be shared with team members for review.
- It should be 600-800 words long, in MLA format.
- You are required to bring the assigned number of copies of your draft for review.
- Peer Review the personal statement.
- You will earn points based on the feedback you give your team members.
- Edit and submit your final personal statement.
- Your final draft should be 600-800 words in MLA format.
Tips for Success:
This is a professional document, and should be taken seriously. Take care with how you present yourself so that your reader understands, likes, and agrees with you. To put your best foot forward:
- You may not use slang or profanity
- You should not use contractions (can't vs cannot)
- Use appropriate format (MLA format, with appropriate paragraph breaks)
- Take care to use a serious tone