The mission of the CPSD is to provide a safe and secure campus environment for all members of the college campus community. This mission is achieved through active participation of all college members, and partnerships with local law enforcement and community partners.
In late May 2013, the Campus Public Safety Department (CPSD) at Kaua`i Community College was established. The CPSD handles daily response to incidents, emphasizes crime prevention, and encourages education of students, faculty, staff, and visitors to ensure a safe and secure college environment.
We plan to accomplish these goals by fostering ongoing relationships with community partners and providing opportunities for training, gatherings and discussion in all areas of Campus Public Safety; including Safety, Security, Emergency Preparedness, and Crime Prevention.
- 24/7 Campus Security and Emergency Assistance
- Place to report safety concerns: poor lighting, hazards, suspicious packages, strange people hanging around campus and odd behavior.
- Lost & Found Items (see Library Circulation desk)
- Report stolen property and other campus crimes
- Provide Security Escorts; as needed (late at night, or odd hours)
- Receive assistance or get additional safety, security, and emergency preparedness information
Campus Emergency Numbers
- Emergency Services (Police, Fire, Ambulance)
- Dial 9-1-1 from any campus phone or your mobile phone
- Campus Security Assistance
- Dial (808) 245-8399 or x399 from any campus phone
- You can call this number 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- If number is inoperable, please call # 808-278-3107
- Campus Public Safety Department (808) 245-8399 [Non-Emergency]
- Call this number to report crimes, incidents, or other campus concerns
- Campus Wellness Center (808) 245-8307
- Call this number to book a medical or counseling appointment, and find out more info about our health services here on campus
Campus Public Safety Manager
- Jim Hollingsworth, Campus Public Safety Manager
- Office: (808) 245-8398 / Email: email@example.com