In late May 2013, the Campus Public Safety Department (CPSD) at Kaua`i Community College was established. The CPSD handles daily response to incidents, emphasizes crime prevention, and encourages education of students, faculty, staff, and visitors to ensure a safe and secure college environment.
We plan to accomplish these goals by fostering ongoing relationships with community partners and providing opportunities for training, gatherings and discussion in all areas of Campus Public Safety; including Safety, Security, Emergency Preparedness, and Crime Prevention.
- 24/7 Campus Security and Emergency Assistance
- Place to report safety concerns: poor lighting, hazards, suspicious packages, strange people hanging around campus and odd behavior.
- Lost & Found Items (see Library Circulation desk)
- Report stolen property and other campus crimes
- Provide Security Escorts; as needed (late at night, or odd hours)
- Receive assistance or get additional safety, security, and emergency preparedness information
Campus Emergency Numbers
- Emergency Services (Police, Fire, Ambulance)
- Dial 9-1-1 , or 9 then 9-1-1 if dialing from a campus phone
- Campus Security Assistance
- Dial (808) 245-8399 or x399 from any campus phone
- You can call this number 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Campus Public Safety Department (808) 245-8393
- Call this number to report crimes, incidents, or other campus concerns
- Administrator On-Duty (808) 652-2996 [M-Th until 7:00pm]
- Call this number to get a hold of a Campus Administrator if you need general assistance or have concerns
- Campus Wellness Center (808) 245-8307
- Call this number to book a medical or counseling appointment, and find out more info about our health services here on campus