- Okinawan Development Policy. In association with the University of Hawaii Center for Okinawan Studies with funding from the Japan Foundation.
- Editorial work and publication of an English translation of A History to Open the Future: Modern East Asian History and Reconciliation.
- Establishment of Network of Asia Pacific Aging Practice and Research.
- HAP Focus Course Development. “Monarchy, Modernity and Native Identity in the Asia-Pacific”. (ASAN 491G). University of Hawaii at Manoa. First taught Spring Semester, 2011.
- Course Development. “Demographic Change and Societal Transition in East Asia” (ASAN 620). University of Hawaii at Manoa. First taught Fall Semester, 2009.
- Organizer and Coordinator. Overseas Faculty Development Workshop. “International Crossroads at Fukuoka, Japan: East Asian and Western Connections, Past and Present.” For the Japanese Studies Association. Fukuoka, Japan. June 9-14, 2008.
- Organizer and Leader. Minority Serving Institutions (MSI) Japan Faculty Development Study Tour. For the University of Hawaii at Manoa School of Pacific and Asian Studies with funding from the Freeman Foundation. June-July 2007.
- Member, Organizing Consortium. “Active Ageing in the Asia-Pacific: Showcasing Best Practices” Conference. East-West Center, Honolulu, Hawaii. February 26-28, 2006.
- Course Development, Organizer and Leader. “In the Footsteps of King Kalakaua” Semester Course and Summer Study Tour. For the University of Hawaii at Manoa School of Pacific and Asian Studies with funding from the Freeman Foundation. Spring Semester-Summer Session I (January-June 2006).