Hawai`i State Law requires all students to meet examination and immunization requirements before they attend any post-secondary school in the state. Submit records of clearance to the Admissions & Records Office prior to registration. Registration will not be permitted without TB and MMR clearances.
Tuberculosis (TB) Examination
- Test must have been completed within 12 months before first attending post-secondary school in Hawai`i.
- Examination may be a tuberculin skin test or chest x-ray.
- Certificate may be issued by the Hawai`i Department of Health or a U.S. licensed MD, DO, APRN, or PA.
- The certificate must include:
a. dates of administration and reading of the skin test
b. measurement in millimeters of the raised skin reaction
c. signature or stamp of the MD, DO, APRN, PA, or clinic
Free tuberculin skin tests are offered to the general public at the Lihu`e Health Center (808) 241-3387. Appointments are not necessary. There will be no tests or readings given if a State holiday falls on the testing or reading day. Persons under the age of 18 years must bring a permission slip from parent or legal guardian to the Health Center.
|Test date||Every Monday of the month||1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.|
|Reading date||Wednesday immediately following test||1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.|
Measles, Mumps and Rubella (MMR) Immunization
A record of immunizations/blood test must be signed or stamped by a U.S. licensed MD, DO, APRN, PA, or clinic.
- Two doses of Measles vaccine are required, with at least one of the two being Measles-Mumps-Rubella (MMR) vaccine.
Blood test showing laboratory evidence of immunity to measles, mumps and rubella may be substituted for a record of immunizations.
- Proof of initial MMR clearance is required for the first semester.
- Second MMR clearance must be submitted prior to registration for the subsequent semester.
(Please allow 7 working days for any laboratory evidence submitted to be interpreted by our campus Wellness Center.)
MMR required of individuals born after 1956, or foreign immigrant. Record must include complete dates (month/day/year) for each immunization.