Educational Records


Letter grades are used to indicate the quality of work done. Grades are available to you shortly after the end of each semester or summer session through your MyUH Portal (report cards are not mailed).

File this form in person with the Counseling & Advising Office no later than 14 days from the first day of instruction of the Fall or Spring semester, or no later than 4 days from the first day of instruction of the Summer session. Forms received after this deadline with have the new major effective the subsequent term.


If you need the College to confirm your enrollment for medical, employment, or financial assistance purposes, you will need to complete the "Confirmation of Enrollment Request" form at the Admissions & Records Office. The office will verify the number of credits you are registered for, your academic major, and/or your anticipated graduation date.  Confirmations are done only after the subject semester commences.


You should keep the Admissions & Records Office informed of any changes to your name, address, phone number, or citizenship. A current address will insure delivery of important notices from the college. If you are an out-of-state or outer-island student, you should provide your local Kaua`i address upon your arrival to the island.

Complete the "Personal Data or Address Change" form at the Admissions & Records Office and bring official supporting documents, if required, to change or correct the data.  Your mailing address can be changed through your MyUH Portal (but not permanent address).


Transcripts are required only if you wish to transfer those credits. You must have official transcripts from EACH non-UH school sent directly by EACH school to the Admissions & Records Office. Transcripts sent via fax or personally delivered/mailed are not acceptable.

You may be exempt from submitting transcripts if you are applying as an unclassified (non-degree seeking) student, and you do not plan to enroll in English or math courses or in courses with English or math prerequisites. You may be exempt from submitting high school transcripts if high school attendance was over 10 years ago and you are not applying for admission into the Nursing program.

After official acceptance to the college, you may submit a Transcript Evaluation Request Form to the Admissions & Records Office to have your transcripts evaluated. The form is available at the Admissions & Records Office. Transfer credits granted will be added to your Kaua`i transcript after you have completed a semester at Kaua`i Community College.


Pursuant to Section 99.6 of the rules and regulations governing the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 (hereinafter the Act), students in attendance at the University of Hawai`i, Kaua`i Community College are hereby notified of the following:

1. It is the policy of Kaua`i Community College to subscribe to the requirements of Section 438 of the General Education Provision Act, Title IV, of Public Law 90-247, as amended, and to the rules and regulations governing the Act, which protect the privacy rights of students.

2. The rights of students under the Act include the following, subject to conditions and limitations specified in the Act:

a. The right to inspect and review education records.
b. The right to request to amend education records.
c. The right of protection from disclosure by Kaua`i Community College of personally identifiable information contained in education records without permission of the student involved.
d. The right to file complaints concerning alleged failure by Kaua`i Community College to comply with the Act.

3. Students are advised that institutional policy and procedures required under the Act have been published as Administrative Procedure A7.022, Procedures Relating to Protection of the Educational Rights and Privacy of Students. Copies of AP A7.022 may be obtained from the Office of the Vice Chancellor of Student Affairs, Kaua`i Community College.

4. Directory Information: Students are advised that certain personally identifiable information listed below is considered by the college to be Directory Information and, in response to public inquiry, may be disclosed in conformance with State law, at the college’s discretion, without prior consent of the student, unless the student otherwise so informs the college not to disclose such information.

a. Name,
b. Local address and zip code,
c. Local telephone number,
d. Major field of study,
e. Education level, (i.e. freshman, sophomore, etc.)
f. Fact of participation in officially recognized activities and sports,
g. Weight and height of members of athletic teams,
h. Dates of attendance,
i. Most recent educational institution attended,
j. Degrees and awards received,
k. Email address, and
l. Enrollment status (full-time and part-time).

A student has the right to request that any or all of the above items not be designated Directory Information with respect to that student. Should a student wish to exercise this right, he or she must in person and in writing, not earlier than the first day of instruction nor later than fourteen calendar days from the first day of instruction for the academic term or semester, or the fourth day of a summer session, inform the Admissions & Records Office which of the above items are not to be disclosed without prior consent of that student.

NOTE:  Submission of this FERPA confidentiality request form does not automatically remove you from the UH online directory. To remove yourself from the UH online directory, please do so via your MyUH account. From your MyUH account, go to the "My Profile" tab, UH Online Directory, Options for Students.

5. A parent or spouse of a student is advised that information contained in educational records, except as may be determined to be Directory Information, will not be disclosed to him/her without prior written consent of the son, daughter, or spouse.