Filing for graduation should be completed two to three semesters prior to graduation.

Note: To have your name printed in the commencement ceremony program, your graduation papers must be approved and filed by the deadline published in the academic calendar (

 Step 1: Verify Minor and Major Requirements

Minor Requirements Form
  • Verify courses and obtain signature of minor advisor
  • Obtain major department advisor signature
*Note: courses used for minor cannot be double-dipped with major or general education requirements.

For multiple majors, minor forms are filed with primary college.


Goldenrod form
  • Verify your courses with your major advisor
  • Obtain major department advisor signature
* If you have multiple minors or majors, you must complete a separate form for each.

Graduation paperwork must be filed with respective college(s)
For example: BBA/FIN and BA/ECON, paperwork must be filed separately with Shidler and ACCESS.

 Step 2: Plan for Graduation
Graduation Plan worksheet

 * Note: Plan must include ALL courses and credits required for graduation.

Page 1 (click image to enlarge)
Page 2 (click image to enlarge)

 Step 3: File for Grad at ACCESS Advising
Please make an advanced appointment when you submit these materials.

Graduation paperwork will NOT be filed until you finalize your paperwork with an ACCESS advisor.

You are also welcome to make an appointment if you have any questions, concerns or need assistance in completing the graduation form.

 Step 4: Check Your Progress 
Check your academic progress on STAR and with an ACCESS advisor

 Step 5: Diploma and Commencement
Approximately 2 weeks after your appointment, a $30 fee will be posted to your MyUH account. This is your diploma fee.

If you are planning to attend the commencement ceremony, you must register the semester you are graduating at:

For questions,