The Answer Key for today's grammar worksheet (CumulativeSentenceReviewHomework2.pdf) is at the bottom of this page: CumulativeSentenceWorksheet2AnswerKey.pdf
Annotating a text:
1. Read through, circling words you don't know, phrases you don't understand, and favorite passages. Mark character traits and plot points. Use a key for character, setting, questions, vocabulary, quotes, and important events.
2. Look up words, author information, and other information. Write it in the margins. Explain. Question. Draw pictures. Use color.
3. Summarize each chapter in a sentence or two at the beginning or end of each chapter.
Links to audio versions of the chapters of Treasure Island are at http://www.dmturner.org/English/Reading/Treasure%20Island/Treasure.htm
The annotation key is at the bottom of this page (annotation key.JPG)
The Zaner-Bloser worksheet maker is at http://www.zaner-bloser.com/media/zb/zaner-bloser/FontsOnline_Sampler/FontsOnline_Sampler/index.html
The pronoun case homework sheet is at the bottom of this page: PronounCasePracticeSheet.pdf
The "Over the River" compound sentence is at the bottom of this page.
We just began a unit on personal pronouns. The unit sheet is at the bottom of this page (PersonalPronounUnit.pdf)
The worksheet we are using in class is also at the bottom of the page (gullpronoun.doc)
Annotating a poem:
1. Read the poem once, circling words you don't know and phrases you don't understand. Read it aloud.
2. Look up the author and take notes. Look up words and write definitions.
3. Mark the poem: rhyme scheme, favorite lines, favorite stanzas. Draw lines, boxes, and circles. Draw pictures. Use color.
4. Explain and question: Write a few words for each part of the poem. Ask questions. Make guesses.
5. Write one sentence describing the whole poem and how you feel about it.