- At its August 5, 2013 meeting, the Harnett County Schools Board of Education approved
a $55 charge for any student who takes Driver Education. Due to significant reduction in State
funding for the program, the General Assembly provided a provision in law to allow school districts
to impose this charge.
- Students must be at least 14 years, 6 months old to register for a Driver Education class.
- Students are required to complete 30 hours in the driver education classroom and 6
hours behind the wheel instruction.
- Driver education classes are scheduled throughout the school year and during the summer.
- Behind the wheel driving is conducted after school, on Saturdays and during the summer.
- The State created an additional provision for 2015-16 allowing students to obtain a waiver
if they feel they are unable to pay the fee associated with driver education. For further information
please send an email to: email@example.com
||September 12-27, 2016
|| October 31-November 16, 2016
||February 6-21, 2017
||April 18-May 3, 2017
||June 12-22, 2017