The back flaps have been delivered to the Upper Valley Trails Alliance and the Polar Bear Achievers have been tallied. The Ray School had 143 participants. There was a tie for the highest participation rate between Mrs. McCoy's and Mrs. Hendrickson's class who both had 52.6% of their students become Polar Bear achievers! Well done staying active this winter!!!
Activity prizes can still be redeemed through March 31.
BACK FLAPS ARE DUE NO LATER THAN FRIDAY, MARCH 10! PLEASE TURN THEM INTO MR. CONDON, MS. BRAUCH, OR YOUR CLASSROOM TEACHER AS SOON AS YOU HAVE REACHED 30 DAYS. THE PASSPORT BOOKLET IS FOR YOU TO KEEP! EVEN IF YOU DIDN'T REACH 30 DAYS, TURN YOUR BACK FLAP IN. MAKE SURE TO FILL OUT ALL INFORMATION ON THE BACK FLAP AND HAVE IT SIGNED BY A GROWNUP FROM HOME.
If you forgot to turn in your front flap then please mail it directly to:
Upper Valley Trails Alliance
Passport to Winter Fun
PO Box 1215
Norwich, VT 05055
Just in case you have misplaced the prize sheet...here it is!
Passport to Winter Fun!
THANK YOU TO THE RAY SCHOOL PTO FOR FUNDING THE PASSPORT TO WINTER FUN PROGRAM FOR ALL RAY STUDENTS! Students in grades K-5 are again able to participate in the Upper Valley Trails Alliance program designed to motivate children to be active during the winter months. The CDC recommends children and adolescents should do 60 minutes (1 hour) or more of physical activity each day.
***Students who would like to participate should return the detachable FRONT FLAP to Mr. Condon, Ms. Brauch, or their classroom teacher by
Friday, January 20. Wednesday, January 25. Due to snow day we have changed the date! Please make sure to help your child fill out ALL the information needed on the front flap. We will send the front flaps to the Upper Valley Trails Alliance (UVTA) for you. UVTA will need a count of how many participants there will be. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE GET YOUR FRONT FLAPS IN ON TIME!!!
- When a student is physically active for at least 60 minutes during the day, they may fill in one box by either illustrating or writing in words how they were active for all of those minutes. For example, if Mr. Condon went cross country skiing for 3 hours, he would fill in the first box by either writing 'cross country skiing' or he could draw a super fun picture of himself skiing. You may only fill out one box per day!
- After every 10 days (Day 10, Day 20 and Day 30) of being active, the student can take their booklet with them to any of the destinations on the prize sheet (YELLOW sheet in booklet) and redeem their prize by having someone employed at that destination stamp somewhere on the page of the 10th, 20th, or 30th day box. Please do not visit a location more than once- this puts a strain on the business. Students do not need to bring the booklets back to us at the Ray School but instead to the destination where they choose to redeem their prize. The final day to use the activity prizes is March 31, 2017. Please excuse the typo on the yellow prize sheet.
- After 30 days of being active for at least 60 minutes or by March 10, students with the help of their parents/guardians should fill out the detachable BACK FLAP, sign it, and return it to Mr. Condon, Ms. Brauch or their classroom teacher. We do not need the booklets back, they are for the students to keep.
- Polarbear Achiever Award- All students who complete all 30 days AND return the front AND back flap to the P.E. teachers by the above dates will automatically receive a prize within the following weeks after the entire program is complete.
- Grand Prize Raffles- The back flaps of those students who completed 30 days will then be placed into a raffle with all the other back flaps from students at the Ray School AND students from surrounding schools also participating in the program. The raffle prizes include a VINS Family membership, an iPod, snowshoes, Ski and Summer Passes to Mount Sunapee, and a course at L.L. Bean's Outdoor Discovery School!
***The final day the back flap can be turned into Mr. Condon, Ms. Brauch, or their classroom teacher in order to be able to receive a prize and be entered into the raffle is Friday, March 10. Please be sure to get those back flaps in as soon as those 30 days are complete!!! .
You can find most of this information right in the first few pages of the Passport your child has brought home. Additional information can also be found on the Upper Valley Trails Alliance website. Students at Ray viewed this informational video during P.E. class. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to email Mr. Condon email@example.com or Ms. Brauch firstname.lastname@example.org.
We hope to have as many students as possible participate!
Mr. Condon and Ms. Brauch