Each August HCS New Teacher Orientation (NTO) that marks the beginning of the Teacher Induction Process for new and certificated instructional staff.
New to Profession and New To HCS teachers will receive information about:
- Begin to establish positive relationships with HCS staff who provide support and resources.
- Deepen understanding of effective strategies for creating a positive classroom environment and establishing positive relationships with students that increase student engagement and responsibility.
- Identify and engage in essential instructional planning and delivery information.
- Become aware of the HCS commitment to Professional Learning Communities and a focus on student learning.
- Access to resources for curriculum and instruction.
- Resources and benefits available to HCS employees.
- Policies and procedures relevant to their professional responsibilities.
- New Teacher Conventions
- New Teacher Coaching Circles
- New Teacher Resources