In this 15 hour class, participants will learn how to navigate this reservoir of content safely, upload and edit their own video content, and effectively organize their videos for maximum educational impact. Participants will align these skills with the Iowa Core (specific to their area of instruction) and 21st Century Technology Skills.
Find this site at: http://tinyurl.com/YouTubeClassroom
Since its activation, February 14, 2005, Youtube’s video content has grown to contain a wide array of educational content, with the ability of viewers to share their knowledge as well. Here are a few “viewer” statistics:
More than 1 billion unique users visit YouTube each month
Over 6 billion hours of video are watched each month on YouTube—that's almost an hour for every person on Earth, and 50% more than last year
100 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every minute
70% of YouTube traffic comes from outside the US
YouTube is localized in 56 countries and across 61 languages
- YouTube reaches more US adults ages 18-34 than any cable network
At the completion of this course, each participant will be able to:
- Effectively search YouTube for educational content relevant to content area and Iowa Core.
- Create original video content using filming techniques and YouTube’s Video Editor.
- Use Video Manager to upload, edit, and manage original video content.
- Setup account Channel, with Trailer, that viewers may subscribe to.
- Create a Playlist of relevant course content videosUse video editing techniques to create an intended effect by viewers.
- Use YouTube’s Video Editor to provide annotations, enhancements, and closed captioning to select videos.
- To identify resources and material to assist in the use of YouTube in the Classroom.
Please complete a short Session Evaluation at the end of each session. We greatly appreciate your feedback.