Close the App
- Double tap the home button (or push up with four fingers)
- Locate the app that is misbehaving
- Press and hold on the app until they all start to dance and move around
- Tap the red and white circle in the top left hand corner of the app
- Relaunch the app
Note: You cannot close an app that you have open. Close apps from the homescreen.
- Close the app (as above)
- Go to Settings > Safari > Clear Cookies and Data
Delete and re-install an app
- Press and hold one of the icons on the home screen
- Tap the black and white 'x' in the top left hand corner of the app you want to delete.
- DELETING AN APP WILL DELETE ALL DATA CREATED OR STORED ON THAT APP
- Go to the App Store, log in with the account you used to download the app.
- Search for the app and tap the install icon next to it to download it to your device again for free!
- Relaunch the app and use as normal.
Restart the iPad
- Press and hold the power button until you see the red slider arrow
- Slide to power off
- Power on the iPad by pressing and holding the power button
- Press and hold the power and the home button at the same time
- Continue to hold them down until you see the silver Apple logo (ignore the red slide to power off arrow)
- Slide to unlock and use the iPad as normal.
- You are connected to Wi-Fi when you have the stacked semi-circle icons showing in the top left hand corner next to the word iPad.
- To see what network you are connect to, or to connect to a different network, go to Settings > Wi-Fi.
Large Screen Display Issues
- For Apple TV, make sure you are on the same wireless network. The Apple TV and the laptop need to be on the same network for the wireless AirPlay to work. Also, ensure mirroring is on!
- If you are using a VGA adapter and you lose picture, unplug it and plug it back in again.
- Still no picture? Ensure all cables are securely attached. Try changing the Source input on the projector. Look for a button on the projector that says source.
Email and Calendar not working
- Go to Settings > Mail, Contacts and Calendars, then tap on the account that is not working.
- Tap on the account, and re-enter username and passwords
- Try the app again. If it still does not work, it is sometimes best to delete the account and add it again, but be sure you know the settings you need to add accounts again. (See Core Apps page for how to sync Google Calendar)