*Will use Preview / Adobe Reader X to Highlight and Markup document > save with pair names > "attach" on Audio Project page.
Now that we know how to use markup tools in Preview and Adobe Reader X, lets look at a more "collaborative" markup tool - Crocodoc
- Vocaroo - A simple, free web-based service for recording and sharing voice messages across the internet. Just record your voice and share. Recordings have a limited lifetime on the site.
- Voisse - A free web-based service for uploading or recording, storing and sharing audio. Users can use these recordings in a variety of ways.
- Google Voice - A google app that ties in with a mobile phone service to forward and manage calls and manage voice messages. Voice messages can be saved and used in other ways.
- Audacity - A free software download that let's you record and edit audio on your computer. Will need LAME to convert to files to mp3.
- Hey.... it's right there on your computer! Simple audio recording tools:
- PC's - Sound Recorder: Go to All Programs > Accessories > and select Sound Recorder
- Mac's - Quicktime Player: Open the app Quicktime Player > File > New Audio Recording
Task - Create a story of your birthday using VoiceThread. What happened on the day you were born? Don’t need to include birth year.
Use the websites listed below to see what happened on your birth date (the year isn’t important!) Find 3 images to upload to VoiceThread, add a Comment with what happened on this day in history for each image, and add a audio recording for each image.
* Remember that the images need to be jpg.Right click (Windows) CTRL Click(Macs) and “Save Picture As”
This Day in History
Library of Congress: Today in History
Wikipedia - List of Historical Anniversaries
Grant Wood Online Resourceshttp://www.aea10.k12.ia.us/media/electronic.html